There is no particular window for joining a RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan. You can sign up at any time of the year, and include your family at the same time or at a later date.
To join one of the health plans offered by RBM Salute you pay a monthly contribution of just € 4.16 for each month effectively insured. E.g.: if you join in August you only pay 4 months' contribution (€ 4.16 x 4).
No. Whenever you join a RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan, cover is always 100% of the maximum. The same is also true for your family.
To join one of the FINMECCANICA health plans offered by RBM Salute follow one of two procedures described below: Online (the preferred method which enables all RBM Salute functionality more quickly)
1. Fill in the online application form available from the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
2. Print it out and send three signed copies to your employer.
3. After 7 days you will be able to access your personal area on the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it. read all the documentation on the health plan and use all web functionality.
1. Fill in the application form attached to the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan brochures available in your company (Form A) or download it directly from the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it
2. Print it out and send three signed copies to your employer.
3. After 15 days you will be able to access your personal area on the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it. read all the documentation on the health plan and use all web functionality.
The application form is attached to the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan brochures available in your company (Form A) or downloadable from the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
You can extend all the insurance guarantees in the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan at any time of the year to your family for a monthly contribution of just € 32.50 for each month of effective cover.
If you decide to include your family, the insurance automatically covers the following family members:
- spouse or partner cohabiting as husband or wife, fiscally dependent or not
- partner without residence papers who can provide self-certification of cohabitation
- cohabiting children without age limit and non-cohabiting children up to the age of 26
- fiscally dependent adult children with at least 2/3 permanent invalidity as shown on the declaration of family status
Insurance can also cover children granted in custody to a former wife/husband/cohabiting partner if requested. Where Family Cover is taken out, these individuals do not have to be registered.
A FINMECCANICA employee CANNOT insure an employee/spouse by signing up for Family Cover. Married/cohabiting employees must each sign up independently. Healthcare cover can then be extended to the family by one of the married/cohabiting employees who already have insurance for themselves. In this case extending cover to the family will give the spouse/partner the benefit of a doubling of the maximum personal cover per annum. A spouse included by one employee in their Family Cover has a first maximum for their own personal cover and a second maximum - on top of the first, within the limit of the healthcare costs - through inclusion in the Family Cover.
Example: husband and wife join a health plan. The wife extends healthcare cover to the family. The husband has one position as personal policyholder and another position as family member. As a result he benefits from double the maximum cover. For dental work for example, the spouse who is signed up as an employee and is later also included as a family member not only enjoys the € 300 maximum from their own health plan but also enjoys the further €300 maximum available to all family members.
Families including two working FINMECCANICA employees should therefore proceed as follows:
- each employed spouse can sign up for an individual health plan
- once both FINMECCANICA employees are signed up, one of them can ALSO sign up for Family Cover
- the employed spouse who does NOT sign up for Family Cover nevertheless enjoys a "double maximum".
Where a non-employee spouse already has private healthcare insurance, Family Cover taken out by a Finmeccanica employee remains fully effective. Naturally, in this case, the Family Cover taken out by the Finmeccanica employee will benefit the non-Finmeccanica spouse on top of the cover by the other policy, in any case up to the limit of the healthcare costs.
No, this is not possible. Family Cover is always an extension of the employee's main plan.
If you are already signed up to mètaSalute and you choose to sign up right away to a RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan, we will apply a DISCOUNT equal to the sum of the premiums owed to mètaSalute to the end of the year. To enjoy a discount on the contributions to the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan, remember to send your employer the mètaSalute cancellation form attached to the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plan brochures available in your company (Form B) or downloadable from the site www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
Correction of visual defects, including short-sightedness, are covered by the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plans. Note that the maximum cover is that for hospitalisation, € 220,000 per year per person.
RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plans fully cover all costs for the prevention packages included in the plans with no extra cost to the insured.
RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plans cover the following check-ups in Partner Facilities:
- Cardiovascular screening (in accordance with the Ministry of Health approved "Progetto Cuore")
- Cancer screening
- Metabolic syndrome screening
- Paediatric screening
No. Employees covered by RBM Salute are entitled to both services even if they do not have Family Cover.
RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plans cover all surgical operations. For details see the section Health Plans on the website www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
Yes, dental surgery is covered by the RBM Salute FINMECCANICA health plans. Note that the maximum cover is that for hospitalisation, € 220,000 per year per person.
For details on dental surgery see the section Health Plans on the website www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
The health plans cover all specialist examinations (including paediatric examinations) to a maximum of € 10,000 per year per person.
The health plans cover all diagnostic investigations (including blood tests) to a maximum of € 10,000 per year per person.
Physiotherapy, kinesitherapy, cardiological and neuromotor rehabilitation following hospitalisation or accident (either at work or outside) or illness is covered to a maximum of € 1,200 per year per person. Note that where such therapy follows surgery the maximum coverage is € 220,000 per year per person.
Currently RBM Salute – through its partnership with Previmedical S.p.A. – has the largest and most far reaching network of healthcare partners in Italy. The Network includes over 97,000 hospitals, more than 72,000 medical teams/specialists and around 12,000 dentists.
The list of partner structures is available:
- on the web site: www.finmeccanica.rbmsalute.it.
- by app (Android/IOS) RBM Salute (Citrus®)
At the end of each annuity the employed, who subscribed Finmeccanica Health Insurances, offered by RBM Salute, can cancel the health care plan for the following annuity, provided the subscription of the associated company, with at least 60 day – notice. The cancellation will be extended also to the family unit, if previously enrolled. Referring to those enrolled in MètaSalute, who chose Finmeccanica Care Plans, the cancellation may be exercised as of the first year following the subscription.